- Wells Operatic Society (hereinafter referred to as “the society”) understand that from time to time members and/or volunteers may wish to raise problems or concerns and possibly seek redress for a grievance.
- The society wants to ensure that these issues are properly aired and, as far as possible, resolved as quickly as possible to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- All matters (including any records produced and any follow up action) will be handled with the utmost discretion and will, as far as practicable, be kept confidential to those involved.
- Where it is necessary to speak to any others in connection with a problem or concern raised, the importance of confidentiality will be emphasised to them.
- It may be necessary in some circumstances to explain or report the contents of the complaint or grievance to other organisations, whether within or outside the society. In serious cases it may be necessary to report the matter to the police.
· If a member or volunteer wishes to raise a concern or complaint, please firstly do so informally with any member of the theatre committee.
· If the concern relates to a particular incident. This should be raised with the committee within 14 days.
· The committee member will attempt to resolve the matter by discussing it with you, other members of the committee and with any others involved in the matter, as he/she considers to be necessary and will report the outcome of such discussions to the committee.
- If the matter is not resolved informally, or where the issue is considered serious and not appropriate for informal discussion, the member or volunteer should send their complaint or concern in writing to the committee.
- The issue will be considered by the committee (or an appointed panel, if the committee decides), at the next available committee meeting, or earlier if required. The committee may carry out such investigation(s) as it considers appropriate before reaching a decision, which may include meeting with the member or volunteer and with any others involved.
- The committee’s decision will be final. It will be communicated in writing to the member or volunteer as soon as reasonably practicable after the meeting and any further investigations have concluded.
- Every effort will be made by the committee to resolve any problems or concerns as soon as practicable. This will depend on the circumstances and the nature and complexity of the issues raised, the necessary length of any investigations, and the availability of people whose input is necessary to resolve the grievance.